Autumn is a wonderful time of year; the air is brisk, the colors are vibrant and the clothes are cozy as can be. This weekend truly felt like fall with my loved ones.
Witches Night Out
My parents live where I grew up (Fenton, Michigan) and recently moved into the oldest home downtown. On Friday night, we dressed up as witches and spent the night shopping, drinking and dining in costume!
My little sister and I went to a giant pumpkin patch in Saginaw. Aniya and I escaped from the corn maze in 40 minutes (our new record!) and had lots of hot cider on such a cold and windy day!
Brunch in Downtown Flint
Say what you want about Flint, but their downtown is booming and better than ever. The Flint Crepe Co. never disappoints, especially when you can order all of the gluten-free goodness your heart desires. The company didn’t hurt either, because my best friend Danielle always has me crying from laughter! There’s even some new murals downtown.
Nothing screams fall more than visiting an apple orchard, getting some donuts and strolling around with your mom and pup!
I hope you’re enjoying autumn as much as we are!
If you’re anything like my husband and me, you have a difficult time doing anything without your dog. After all, dogs are part of the family!
Here are some tips for traveling with your pup:
- Do your research before you go. Bring Fido and other apps like Trip Advisor are great resources. You need to know where pets are allowed and what activities you can do with the entire family!
- Bring a bag for your pup! Juan and I had more gear for Linley than we did for ourselves, especially when hiking in northern Michigan. Bring food, water, toys, treats, gear and worst-case-scenario items for your furry friend.
- Travel safely at all times. Whether you’re driving a long distance, walking in your neighborhood or visiting a new place, you need to be aware of your surroundings and consider your dog’s safety at all times. Also take breaks for rest, food, etc. into consideration.
Linley is definitely part of the family, and we’re very excited to take him on more adventures! 🙂
I LOVE to travel; however, my dog is making me more of a homebody these days (or at least if I’m not home, I actually WANT to be home…)!
My dog, Linley, is truly my best friend. I adopted him from Compass Dog Rescue in September and both of our lives have been enhanced ever since! He’s originally from Texas, but someone from the Detroit area rescued him before the hurricane in Houston.
Linley’s bio on PetFinder read something like this:
- Age 2-5 (likely 3)
- Hates to be alone
- Very social animal (loves other dogs, but does not like cats)
- Playful but not destructive
- Goes with the flow (if you’re relaxing, he is, too)!
So as you can probably tell already, Linley was MY dog from the beginning 🙂
Happy National Pet Day, everyone! Don’t forget to do something extra special for your furry friend today!